Watsan Envirotech Private Limited who pioneered in making electricity free, maintenance free low cost water filters and have penetrated almost 80,000 households through various government supplies and NGOs net work, have launched few years ago a modern concept of making the ‘toilet makers’.
The modular toilet build from glass fibre waste won Watsan Envirotech a National Award, from the the Ministry of Petrochemicals and Fertilizers and the company was felicitated at a function in New Delhi on 20th January 2016.
Watsan idea is not to manufacture in one place, but to De-centralize the idea and provide solutions in villages itself. The technical know how, moulds and materials, comprising of waste glass fibre rolls salvaged from huge land fill by the wind mill blade manufacturers in the country, and resin, additives etc are provided by the company to any village who undertakes the turnkey project at a cap of 5 lakh rupees. Drop outs or village unemployed youth will be given complete training for a month in their own backyard, on how to mould weather resistant and strong toilet super structures using the above materials, certificate from reputed Government Institute for skill based training and promise of jobs would be given to them.
The advantages of this new technology are :
- No need nature depleting sand and water for constructing the toilets.
- Gets cured and dried in natural sunlight, so need no power or machinery.
- 5 persons can mould one toilet a day.
- Speed of filling the supply demand gap of few lakhs Vs Many crores can be covered faster.
- Migration of labour from village not necessary as this turnkey build a toilet making unit in the village itself.